Warranties and Disclaimers
Considering the real-time nature of the Discussion Forums, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that the Society of Illustrators does not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Society of Illustrators. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Although the Society of Illustrators does not and cannot review each and every message that is posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever.
Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:
- Profanity in subject lines or signatures, or profanity within messages deemed to be blatant as opposed to incidental
- Spamming or commercial solicitation
- Flaming other members with the apparent intent of inciting or perpetuating a conflict or argument
- Bombing forums or individual threads with repetitive, pointless posts
- Posting personal e-mail or chat dialogues
- Posting pornographic or otherwise objectionable material
- Impersonating other individuals or false representation
- Discussion of illegal activity, or posting links to other websites that deal with such activities
- Posts made under secondary usernames or other aliases
- Posts which are completely unrelated to the forum in which they are posted
- Excessive cross-posting (this is considered spam)
- Posts which breach another member's privacy, i.e. containing phone numbers, addresses or other personal information
- Copyright violations
Forums Acceptable Use
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law.
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or the Society of Illustrators.
You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, not to post advertising of any kind in the Forums whether you are a private party or company.
The Society of Illustrators also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.