The Original Art 2020: Virtual Awards Ceremony
November 05, 2020 | 5:00 pm
The Society of Illustrators presents The Original Art: Celebrating the Fine Art of Children's Book Illustration: A Virtual Awards Ceremony and Presentation
This year's Ceremony will take place on Zoom, and all guests are required to register with a Zoom Account prior to the ceremony. Detailed directions on registering for this event are available below.
Login and Preview
Guests and artists may log into Zoom to test their connections prior to the event. Viewers will enjoy a slideshow of images to celebrate 40 years of The Original Art, along with trivia and music. If you are new to Zoom, you may log in early to the webinar. We are available to answer questions if you are experiencing technical difficulties. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.838.2560. Please note: we will not be available to help once the ceremony begins.
Please help us celebrate the year’s best children’s book illustration! Hosted live from the Museum of Illustration at the Society of Illustrators.
Peter Van den Ende, Wanderer, Dilys Evans Founder’s Award Winner
Frank Morrison, R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Silver Medal Winner
Jillian Tamaki, My Best Friend, Silver Medal Winner
Cátia Chien, The Bear and the Moon, Gold Medal Winner
Lifetime Achievement Award Winners
$15 General Admission
Artists in the show do not have to pay to view this event.
A separate email will be sent to Artists containing a private link to register for the virtual event.
Tickets are non-transferable.
October 28 - December 30th, 2020.
Please consider making a donation to help the Society get through these difficult times. The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) reports that 1 in 3 Museums in the US will close permanently without assistance. Your generous gift will support the Museum and our educational initiatives. DONATE TODAY
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ORIGINAL ART 2020 VIRTUAL AWARDS CEREMONY
Step 1: Purchase a Ticket
- Purchase a ticket for The Original Art Awards Ceremony at societyillustrators.org (coming soon!)
- Once your payment has been processed, you will also receive a separate email from email@example.com with a program and schedule of events, and a link to register for the official Zoom webinar.
- If you already have a Zoom account, you may go ahead and register for the webinar. If you do not have an account, please follow the instructions below.
Step 2: Create a Zoom Account
- You MUST have a zoom account to view the ceremony. After receiving the email receipt, go to zoom.us and click the button "Sign Up For Free".
- Input your information on the next pages.
- An email will be sent to you. Please check your inbox to activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email.
- Make sure to remember or write down the email and password you use to create your Zoom account. You need this information to access The OA Awards Ceremony webinar.
Step 3: Joining The Original Art Zoom Webinar
- Once you have registered for The OA Awards Ceremony webinar, an email will be sent to you from Zoom.
- In this email you will find the words “CLICK HERE TO JOIN.” Click this link to access the webinar. Sign in using your Zoom account email and password. You may click this link anytime to test out your connection.
Please contact us for any assisantance prior to the event. We are here to help! Society staff will not be available for support during the virtual Ceremony.
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
- Special Event Art Out Loud Online: A Special Halloween Art Out Loud Online with Johnny Dombrowski!
- Special Event Art Out Loud Online: John Hendrix
- Special Event Virtual Sketch Night: Surreal Thaksgiving
- Special Event Art Out Loud Online: Steven N Harris